Become a PADI Professional with Two Fish Divers
PADI 5 STAR IDC Centers in three top diving locations in Indonesia
Love Your Job, Your Freedom, Your Lifestyle!
That’s what PADI professionals do!
PADI Instructors and PADI Divemasters have varied and exciting jobs in beautiful, tropical dive locations around the world. They work on dive boats, exotic island resorts and sail the world on liveaboards.
PADI Divemaster course is your first step in becoming a PADI Professional Scuba Diver. Divemaster training develops your dive leadership abilities by expanding your knowledge, dive skills and experience to a professional level.
Choose from four, six or eight weeks internship
In one, two or all three of our locations
Split over 3 locations – Lembongan/Bunaken/Lembeh – The ultimate divemaster internship – exclusive to Two Fish Divers!
Includes UNLIMITED diving, 5 x PADI specialities (Nitrox, Deep, Search & Recovery, Underwater naturalist & Night/Manta Diving), dive equipment rental, 3weeks accomm in each location (Bunaken & Lembeh full board), airport transfers, DM Manuals & Materials, park/diving entrance fees, DM application fee to PADI, basic DM equipment set (SMB, whistle, compass & knife). Flights not included. See below for more information.
We are the only dive center in Indonesia with dive centers in three top locations, so we are the only operator that can offer this exclusive experience across three top diving locations in Indonesia. GoPRO and experience the award-winning reefs of Bunaken, the muck-diving capital of Lembeh Straits, and the mantas and mola-molas of Bali!
This internship is run over 8 weeks and all of our exciting dive locations: Bunaken Marine Park, Lembeh Straits and Nusa Lembongan. It includes the PADI DM course and 5 x PADI Specialties (Nitrox, Deep, Wreck, Night, Search and Recovery) and the Master Scuba Diver certification. It is intended for those who do not yet have the 40 logged dives that are a pre-requisite for starting the DM course, OR for those who want to get more experience & confidence, OR for those who want to experience all three of our fantastic dive locations during their course.
As well as offering a professional DM course we can also offer more DM experience as part of the course. Over the 8 weeks you will get more involved in all our dive centers helping out with dive centre briefings, assisting instructors with courses, and following the dive guides. You will gain important experience of how different resorts are run and operated.
Our resorts are based on tropical islands – Bunaken Island, Lembeh Island and Nusa Lembongan – and you will have a full Indo island hopping experience!
You will be interacting with the local staff to get what you need (eg tanks loaded on boats), learning some of the language, helping to deal with guest and courses, doing lots of diving, and doing your PADI courses to a very high & professional level. Its great to do the Divemaster course with us, but be warned as you will definitely be spoilt – there is no other diving like this in the world!
Unlike your previous courses, the Divemaster course relies on mentoring and you will develop a strong mentor-type relationship with your instructor. This is why all our Instructors that teach our PADI Divemaster Internships have already taught many Divemaster courses, and therefore have the necessary experience to give you a very high quality course.
We do not use our Divemaster candidates as cheap labour as they do in some other shops, where you work in the dive shop and do the minimum number of dives. One of our strengths is the number of entry-level and advanced courses that we run, and we regularly use our Divemaster candidates on these where possible.
We even try and use our Divemaster candidates when possible to help our guides with the guests so that you can get some experience with looking after certified guests underwater as well as on the land. Our benefit is that we can provide a better level of service for our diving customers.
We offer a six weeks
in each of our locations, specifically created to focus on conservation issues, giving you specialities in this important field. This internship costs the same as a standard one, but is tailored with Conservation
- Unlimited fun diving
- Manuals & materials – It is mandatory that all DM candidates have their own set of manuals & materials including Instructor Manual, DM Manual, Encyclopedia & DM Slates. Also included is a backpack for carrying everything
- Budget Accommodation – Full Board in TFD Bunaken & TFD Lembeh – to include all your meals, coffee, tea and drinking water. Bed & Breakfast in a nearby resort in Nusa Lembongan (Bali) with en-suite bathroom. Coffee, tea and drinking water are available at our resort in Nusa Lembongan
- Free Wi-Fi at all the resorts
- Airport transfers (pickup and drop) and transfers between the resorts
- Bunaken Entrance fee and Lembeh diving fee
- Introduction to TEC diving – can be upgraded to Intro to Re-breather diving!
- Dive equipment rental (BCD, Regulator, wetsuit – shorty for Bunaken & Lembeh, 5mm for Nusa Lembongan)
- Your own SMB, whistle, compass and dive knife
- PADI DM application fee
- Compressor Use, Nitrox / Gas mixing
- Equipment Maintenance
- Oxygen provider
- Dive computers & usage
- Orientation to the PADI Pros website
- Organizing Project AWARE programs
- Social Media – Making a blog of your experience on a weekly basis
- Conservation – Bunaken and Lembeh: Intro to Shark Guardian and Shark Conservation; Lembongan: Manta Conservation
- Dive computer – This is a mandatory piece of equipment, if you do not have your own then we can offer you a 10% discount on sales from our dive shop
- Rental of a torch for night dives is €5 per dive
- PADI Divemaster Online via eLearning – If you want to do the Divemaster Online course via eLearning this will give you more time for time for fun dives or more DM practice
- Flight between Manado and Bali. We can help you book this; prices will vary according to time of year and how far in advance you book. Please e-mail for more details
- Be certified as a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver or have a qualifying certification from another training organization. A qualifying certification is defined as proof of certification beyond entry level, and proof of 20 or more logged dives documenting experience in deep diving and under water navigation
- Be certified as a PADI Rescue Diver or have a qualifying certification from another training organization. A qualifying certification is defined as proof of certification in diving rescue from a training organization other than PADI
- Have completed and logged at least 40 dives as documented by the individual’s personal log book. With our 6week internship course you need to have completed & logged at least 20 dives, you will complete the specialties first and then start the DM course when you have reached 40 dives
- Be at least 18 years old at the start of PADI Divemaster training
- Submit, to the instructor, medical clearance for diving signed by a physician, attesting that you are “fit to dive”. The medical clearance must be current within the previous 12 months. The physician signing the form cannot be the individual
- Submit proof of Emergency First Response Primary Care (CPR) and Secondary Care (First Aid) training (or other qualifying CPR/first aid training) within the last 24 months
PADI Divemaster Course and Learning Online
The PADI Divemaster course is the first professional level within the PADI System of diver education and allows you to work as a training assistant on PADI courses and programs, supervise certified divers during pleasure diving experiences, and conduct some PADI programs independently. Becoming a PADI Divemaster consists of the following segments: knowledge development, practical application and the Divemaster final exam. The online portion of the course, PADI Divemaster Online, covers nine topics that prepare you for the practical sessions needed to complete the Divemaster course. Through PADI’s eLearning® system and practical segments of the Divemaster course, you become well prepared to work as a PADI Divemaster.
Prior to enrolling in PADI Divemaster Online, you must be at least 18 years old, have a current medical attesting to your diving fitness signed by a physician within the previous 12 months, and be a certified PADI Advanced Open Water Diver and PADI Rescue or hold qualifying certifications from another dive training organization. You must also have completed a Emergency First Response (EFR) Primary and Secondary Care course (or other sanctioned first aid and CPR course) within the past 24 months and be able to prove that you have completed at least 40 dives (60 before being able to complete the Divemaster course with experience of deep dives, night dives and underwater navigation). If you have any questions as to whether you meet the necessary prerequisites, please email us direct.
After enrolling, PADI’s eLearning system presents you with interactive presentations that include videos, audio, graphics and reading. Short quizzes let you gauge your progress and review and correct anything you might happen to miss. This lets you move through the program efficiently and at your own pace.
The eLearning portion of the course is $200 (US) nonrefundable. This is an additional cost to the price of the course.
Other costs – There is a separate application fee due to PADI that needs to be submitted with the Divemaster application once the course is successfully completed.
Materials – The PADI Divemaster Online program will provide you with perpetual access to an ebook version of the PADI Divemaster manual, a required material. However, to complete the PADI Divemaster course, you also need a current PADI Instructor Manual, both the Table RDP and eRDPML, The Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving, and a set of the PADI Divemaster slates. These will be provided by us as part of your Divemaster Course.
Please contact us to discuss total courses costs, equipment, materials and logistical requirements.
Once you successfully complete Divemaster Online, you will need to successfully complete several practical assessments, workshops and other assignments with us in Bunaken or Lembeh. You will also need to complete the Divemaster Final Exam as well as meet the professionalism criteria.
The eLearning segment of the course is available for one year from the time of course registration. Though you must finish the online portion of the course within that time frame, you will have perpetual access to an online version of the PADI Divemaster manual.
Once you finish the eLearning portion of the course, your dive center is notified that you have completed it and that you are ready for the practical phase of the Divemaster course. At the end of the eLearning program, you can print out your eRecord and bring a copy of it with you when you visit us on Bunaken or Lembeh.
You can start your life changing journey right now! Please click here
to go to our page on PADI website for your e-Learning Registration.