We see Orangutan crab or Achaeus japonicus quite regularly and they are always cool critters when they wave with their little claws. You find them usually in bubble coral or anemone’s. They have relatively longs arms and are reddish or brown and quite often have a bit of debris stuck on their hairy arms. We had a…
IF YOU WANT TO EXPLORE THE DIVE SITES AROUND THE GILI ISLANDS, LOMBOK THEN YOU ARE IN THE RIGHT PLACE.
Highlights of Diving Gili Islands
- 95% chance of turtles on most dive sites – we can all but guarantee them!
- Tropical island dive resort right on the beach, away from the crowds of Gili Trawangan, but close to its dive sites.
- Crystal clear, warm water with a huge variety of sea life with something for everybody from plenty of macro life to the big schools and pelagics.
- Perfect conditions for courses from beginner all the way up to professional level.
- Dives ranging from muck dives, drift dives to challenging dives, wrecks and pinnacles.
What can I see?
Turtles galore! But that’s not everything… There is such a wide range of sea life around the Gili’s, with plenty of fish and critters around the reefs. Our sandy House reef offers a range of nudibranchs, shrimps, crabs, pipe fish and ribbon eels with octopus and cuttlefish also coming for a visit. On our wrecks we often find scorpion fish, lionfish, schools of bat fish, turtles, leaf scorpion fish and file fish.
For those of you who would like to see the bigger fish we have plenty of dive sites to choose from to find these beauties. On dive sites like Shark Point, Manta Point, Deep Turbo and Gili Air wall we often see reef sharks, manta rays (in season January-March), turtles, eagle rays, moray garden and ribbon eels. The schooling fish we see are trevally, barracuda, bat fish and tuna. We also get a drop in from whale sharks on occasions, usually around January to March.
Latest from our Gili Islands and North Lombok Blog:
What is the dive service like?
Our Two Fish dive service includes:
- Small groups of no more than four guests per dive guide
- Dive groups are organised according to air consumption and dive experience
- Expert dive guides who have done thousands of dives in Bunaken
- All guides are PADI Rescue Diver trained, and there is Oxygen and first aid on every dive boat
- English speaking friendly crew and dive guides
- Long dives – we just ask you to surface after 75mins or on 40bar
- All our dive guides are trained to assist photographers, spotting amazing critters and helping with carrying accessories
- Wash and store service – all dive gear is loaded onto boats in the morning, and removed and washed after your diving, so all you need to do is DIVE
The diving is incredible! The clear waters and the crazy amount of different fishes totally blown me away!
We had the best time diving with Two Fish in Gili Air. The staff know their stuff We will be back next year!
How do I get there?
Gili Air is a 10 minute boat ride from Teluk Nare (Mainland Lombok). We can organize your return transfer to Gili Air with our speedboat, and you would arrive directly in front of the resort. Teluk Nare is a 2-hour drive from Lombok’s international airport and the speed boats run until 4pm. We can arrange transport to Teluk Nare for you from anywhere in Lombok.
Public ferries also run daily from Bangsal, but will depart when full so you could wait anything from 10 minutes to two hours for the boat to depart. Lombok international airport (LOP) is served by many domestic hubs as well as international flights from Kuala Lumpur and Singapore. Gili Air is also accessible from Amed, East Bali by fast boat taking one hour. Other connections from Bali include fast boats from Sanur, Nusa Lembongan and Padang Bai. Click here for more information.
What is the accommodation like?
We are partnered with Villa Karang resort which overlooks the beach, this relaxed island hotel is a 2-minute walk from the Gili Air Harbour.
Most of the warmly lit rooms have air-conditioning and hot water. Standard Garden View rooms include TVs and tea and coffeemakers, while Superior Garden View rooms have flat-screens and minibars. Some have interconnecting doors. Double and twin bed rooms are available.
Complimentary breakfast is served in the dining room. Other amenities include a restaurant/bar with a furnished veranda and beach views, as well as an outdoor pool and gardens.
Budget options are available close-by.
Indonesia Dive Safari
As we have dive resorts in 5 locations around Indonesia, visiting us means that you can book a Dive Safari of more than one dive location with the same operator in one holiday.
You can start or finish your dive holiday by diving in Bali, its only a one hour fast boat ride away, so is easy to add on at the end or beginning of your dive holiday and you can dive when you arrive.
Nusa Lembongan, Bali
Separated by just a two hour boat ride across the Lombok Strait Nusa Lembongan is an ideal combo location – you don’t even need to worry about no-fly time!
You’re here already – why not explore more of Lombok?! Diving in the South offers relaxed reef and macro diving in the South Gili’s, or challenging adrenalin dives with pelagics in Belongas Bay. Both destinations are away from the crowds.
What else is there to do?
- On Gili Air you can do a wide range of water sports from surfing, freediving and kite boarding
- If you have some extra time on land then try a cooking lesson or a yoga class
- You can rent push bikes and take tours around the island to catch either the sun-rise or sun-set
- Beautiful seaside restaurants with chilled music for the relaxed paradise holiday makers
Contact us about Diving Gili Air
How do I book?
Complete the form with your dates and any other requests, and we will reply back within 24 hours with availability and prices.
When you are happy to book, all we ask is for a Eu100 deposit and we will hold your booking for you.
Please send us your flight details so we can organise the airport pickup if you are flying in.
If you’re already in the area and want to go diving soon, the give us a call on +62(0)8 19 1730 0295 and we’ll help you arrange your trip!
If you’re already in Senggigi then stop by our dive centre & office – open from 10am – 8pm located in Senggigi Square.