Muck diving Lembeh Straits is one of the few places in the world where you will see the elusive hairy frog fish, pygmy sea horses, larger sea horses like the thorny seahorse, mimic octopus, wunderpus and flamboyant cuttlefish to name a few.
Above video filmed by Nick Hope while diving with Two Fish Divers Lembeh is a glimpse into what you can expect to see while diving Lembeh Straits.
Lembeh also has some fascinating ship wrecks. They are covered in both corals and creatures making them fantastic to explore.
Last but not least, Lembeh is also surrounded by sites with small walls and slopes full of soft corals. Lembeh diving truly does have something for everyone.
To take advantage of the abundance of reef-life at shallow depths, we generally encourage our guests to:
Dive no deeper than 25m
Spend longer at shallow depths, meaning that dives are frequently more than 60 minutes
If you wish to diver deeper, no problem, just let us know beforehand so we can schedule it in.
While you are here, why not take advantage of our instructors and take a course?
Not yet a diver? Many of our sites are ideal for a try-a-dive or the Open Water Diver course – an amazing experience in the muck diving capital of the world.
Qualified? Want to learn new dive skills? How about an Advanced Open Water Course or Rescue Diver course? We have specialty courses for all levels of divers that are ideally suited to this area.
Doing an Indonesian Dive Safari with us? Spread any course over our three dive centers – Bunaken, Lembeh and Nusa Lembongan, Bali.
For information and prices of all courses we offer please click here.
- Peak Performance Buoyancy
- As the bottom of a muck diving sites are sandy, you need to have good buoyancy to avoid kicking up a cloud of sand that can reduce your visibility
- Underwater Naturalist
- This is an excellent course to do with all the unusual critters in this area
- Enriched Air Nitrox
- This can be used to extend your time underwater, so you can spend more time with that critter
- Night Diver
- Some critters just don’t come out during the day
- Digital Underwater Photography
- The macro-photography attractions are world famous, discover how to capture the perfect image