ABOUT TWO FISH TECH
Two Fish Tech is Two Fish Divers’ technical diving arm and has been at the forefront of technical diving development in Indonesia since 2010. Operating from two of Indonesia’s prime diving locations – Amed in North-East Bali and Bunaken in North Sulawesi.
We are dedicated to providing high quality PADI and TDI technical diver training courses, guided technical dives and technical expeditions.
TWO FISH TECH PHILOSOPHY
Technical diving has had a reputation of being a niche for ‘big, bald guys’ who completed military-style training. That’s a thing of the past. We strongly believe that becoming a skilled technical diver has nothing to do with physical size or strength but instead with solid training and an emphasis on safety and professionalism.
This is what makes a good Tech Diver.
We want our customers to enjoy the challenges of their training and become a better and safer diver overall, whether they are diving to 20 or 60 meters.
Depth and decompression are not everything – it’s about skills and knowledge and many divers start their journey as advanced open water divers with a recreational Sidemount course or enjoy shallow dives on their rebreather. For some, that leads to deeper, more challenging dives and maybe even into overhead environments such as wrecks and caves. Our aim is to support technical divers on that journey.
Yvonne Press is a TDI Instructor Trainer, and currently the only female at that level in South-East Asia. Having worked full-time in the industry since 2010, diving has taken her from Scotland to Egypt, Bali, Thailand, Sulawesi and now back to Bali.
She currently teaches TDI instructors as well as both TDI/SDI and PADI TecRec divers to 60 and 50 meters respectively, in both backmount and sidemount configuration. In addition, Yvonne teaches Solo Diving. She is also a TDI Cave and Advanced Trimix (100 m) Diver as well as an Advanced Gas Blender.
WHATS GOING ON?
Latest from our Tech Diving Blog
TECH DIVING LOCATIONS IN INDONESIA
Our locations in Amed, Bunaken and Lombok offer great tech diving opportunities
TECH DIVING IN AMED
North east Bali and the Amed / Tulamben area are becoming a bit of a hub for technical diving:
- Great selection of training dive sites, including the USAT Liberty wreck at Tulamben
- The dive sites are only 5 – 25 minutes away
- Easy access to sloping walls and reefs that stretch well beyond recreational diving limits
- Few divers explore below 30 meters here, giving you a good chance to have the dive site to yourself
- Good opportunities to spot pelagic species including the elusive thresher shark
- Warm water year-round with average temperatures around 28/29 degrees
- Visibility tends to be around 15 meters + and even at depths beyond 40 meters, it is easy to keep team contact even without a torch
TECH DIVING IN BUNAKEN
There are some very good reasons to Tec dive around Bunaken:
- The dive sites are only 10mins away
- Walls around Bunaken drop to more than 600m, and visibility is 25m even at 75m+ depth.
- The water temperature around Bunaken is 29C making for fantastic reef life – Bunaken Island is considered to be one of the most diverse marine environments on the planet.
- The larger animals such as sharks & mantas like colder water. There are occasional sightings of these animals by our guests, so they are here, however they are found at the deeper levels 55-70m where the water is colder (25C).
- Coelecanth fish at 90-120m, exploration trips are run regularly
- We believe that there are also some undiscovered deep-water pinnacles and submerged islands which may offer some fantastic diving, and we will be doing some exploration of the area to find them. We are extremely excited about this as no one has ever done this type of exploration in the area before!
Sidemount & Hammerheads in South Lombok
In October and November 2017, Two Fish Tech is heading to South Lombok for
two weeks of Sidemount and Solo diver and instructor courses, workshops and exploration dives
South Lombok Tech Weeks
29 October – 12 November 2017
Courses can be arranged flexibly within these dates.
Why South Lombok?
It’s one of those areas of Indonesia that’s almost undiscovered. No crowds, pristine waters, beautiful corals. Sekotong and the South Gilis offer great conditions for learning and lots to see on fun dives. You will need 2-3 days for a TDI or PADI Sidemount course and 1-2 days to become a Solo Diver. Workshops can be arranged flexibly depending on your needs. Lastly, the TDI Sidemount Instructor course take 3-4 days.
From 2 to 8 November, we’ll be based in Belongas Bay for technical exploration dives. Overhangs, pinnacles and hammerheads await experienced tech divers. Get in touch if you’d like to join us!
INTRO TO TECH DIVING
FREE TECH TASTERS IN AMED & BUNAKEN
We run free technical diving tasters at our resorts and dive centers in Amed and Bunaken where guests can try sidemount and twin sets.
Great fun… but also very tempting. So be warned – once you tried, you may need to extend your holiday with us!