RECREATIONAL DIVING WITH SIDEMOUNT
Our locations in Amed and South Lombok have Sidemount equipment for rent, and our dive guides and boat crew are used to Sidemount divers.
As these are normal recreational dives, Sidemount divers join our normal diving schedule which consists of:
- 2 x morning dives with max dive times of 75mins, and 60min surface interval
- optional afternoon dives with max dive times of 75mins
- optional night dives with max dive time 60mins
As we organise dive groups according to experience levels of divers with a max ratio of 4 divers/1 dive guide, Sidemount divers may be mixed with non-Sidemount divers, unless you have requested your own dive guide at additional cost.
GUIDED TEC DIVING WITH SIDEMOUNT
To dive north east Bali, South Lombok or Bunaken beyond recreational depths of 30m, you will be accompanied by one of our tech instructors or guides. They will also help with dive planning, equipment configuration and gas management in preparation of your dive. There are additional fees for this, see below.
In Amed, our tech instructor is qualified as a hypoxic trimix diver and can accompany you to depths of 100m. Whilst equipment and gases are more easily available here, early booking still helps.
In Sekotong, technical guiding does need to be planned ahead of time and we generally offer specific tech diving weeks for experienced tech divers.
In Bunaken, we currently offer technical guiding on request only.
Can’t get your Sidemount tanks to ‘behave’ underwater? Or has it been a while since you dusted off your Sidemount harness? Just bought new equipment? Our Sidemount workshops in Amed are the perfect place to review and fine-tune your equipment setup and diving techniques. Contact us on the form below for more information.
TECH DIVING PRICES
TECH DIVING PACKAGE
Our Amed and Bunaken centres offer a straight forward package for guided technical diving for qualified technical divers, including:
- 2 morning dives – one decompression and one shallow with a one-hour surface interval in between
- Tech guiding for both dives to a maximum of 55m
- Equipment (twinset or sidemount tanks, backplate, wing and harness, back gas regulators, deco tank with rigging, O2 clean deco reg)
- Gases – one twinset or 2 single tank fills of air as back gas and one deco tank of EAN 50
COST: IDR 2,500,000 PER DIVER PER DAY
- 2 decompression dives per day – one in the morning and one in the afternoon: supplement of IDR 150,000 per diver per day plus any additional gas fills
- Additional gases: depending on your dive profile, it may be beneficial to use both EAN 50 and 100% O2 for decompression. Contact us for up to date rates for deco gases
- Trimix diving: please contact us for a quote
- Technical guiding to 60 m (Bunaken): additional supplement of IDR 150,000 per diver per dive and to 100 m (Amed): additional supplement of IDR 300,000 per diver per dive on top of your technical diving cost plus cost of Helium for the guide