This week we get into the details of the PADI TEC 45 course to extend your depth and time using 100% nitrox. This is the third in a series of articles exploring the PADI Tec Deep Course: the first article provided an overview of the PADI Tec Deep Course, and the second article explored the details of the PADI TEC 40, considered to be the gateway into TEC diving.
Take the PADI TEC 45 course to extend your depth and time using 100% nitrox
Once qualified as a PADI Tec 40 diver the next level is PADI Tec 45 that again will require about 3-4 days to complete. By now it must be obvious that the 45 stands for the diving to 45 meters. For recreational divers, this depth is well out of range, but as part of the PADI Tec Deep Course you can now explore up to this depth with a lot of extra time. With this portion of the PADI Tec Deep Course, divers can use any blend of nitrox up to 100% oxygen and learn to plan decompression dives based upon gas supplies. Gas switches are made during these dives as well to extend no stop times or add conservatism to the decompression profile. During this course divers make a full transition to a standard technical rig in either the form of a twinset (double tanks) or sidemount, so in total divers carry 3 tanks during the PADI Tec 45 course. Yes that’s right, we’re going to be adding at least one more tank to your dive configuration and go deeper… AWESOME!
You can use a sidemount configuration instead of twin banded tanks on the PADI TEC 45 course. If you do not already have a Sidemount certification then the PADI Sidemount Course can be run first.
PADI TEC 45 course Prerequisites
- A PADI Advanced Open Water Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- A PADI Rescue Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- A PADI Enriched Air Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- A PADI Deep Diver (or hold aqualifying certification from another organization)
- PADI Tec 40 (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- Have a minimum of 50 logged dives, of which at least:
– 12 dives were made with enriched air nitrox deeper than 18m
– 6 (with or without EANx) dives were deeper than 30m
- At least 18 years old
- Have a medical statement signed by a physician
Next week….more details about the PADI TEC50 course!