Hot to trot after the 100% success rate on our February/ March IDC we are announcing our PADI IDC in June! Come and join us from June 9th – 22nd in Bunaken for an action packed, fun filled two weeks of learning. Our multi award-winning PADI Course Director Dan Robinson will guide you through every step of he Instructor Development Course so that you are ready for your Instructor Exam at the end of the two weeks.
If you are already a Divemaster and want to take the next step on the professional diving ladder then why not join us this June in Bunaken? The PADI IDC contains three elements: Emergency First Response Instructor (EFRI) Course; Assistant Instructor (AI) and Open Water Scuba Instructor (OWSI) over the fourteen days. During these two weeks you will receive presentations from Dan and learn how to give your own presentations to students in the classroom, pool and open water environments. The IDC is continually assessed so that you have constant feedback on your grades allowing you to progress and learn as you go. You will role-play with your fellow candidates in the roles of Instructor, Divemaster and student for in-water training which allows you to learn about teaching from different aspects.
A typical day on the IDC looks like this:
- Present your confined / open water briefings that you prepared the night before to dan and your fellow candidates
- Give your confined / open water teaching presentations. You get to role play around the other candidates and take turns in being Instructor, Divemaster and student.
- Debrief your skills to Dan and the other candidates
- Immediate constructive feedback on your performance from Dan, long with scores.
- Give your knowledge development presentations to the group that you prepared the night before
- Feedback and scoring
- Get yourself a cup of tea, coffee or water and bring it into the classroom
- Practice dive theory / PADI systems, standards and procedures examinations
- Review missed questions and get your scores
- Classroom time for some presentations from Dan
Dan will also give you extra workshops to help you out on certain skills and exercises – Not very dive centre and Course Director will offer you this and we believe that this is one of the reasons that Dan has such a great success rate with his candidates. We keep our classes small so that you get personalised attention from Dan, we are not a factory and this is another great reason to choose Two Fish and Dan for your IDC.
Here are the dates:
IDC & EFRI: 9th – 22nd June in Bunaken
IE: 23rd 24th June in Manado
MSDT Prep: 25th – 27th June in Lembeh