The time has flown by but amazingly today marks one year to the day since we opened in Amed – so Happy Birthday to Two Fish Divers Amed!!
Our soft opening last year turned out to be not so soft – we arrived with all the staff and equipment at 3pm to start setting up the centre and by 4pm we had our first guest! And since then we’ve gone from strength to strength.
In the last year we’ve done around 3,000 dives with our guests, seen some amazing things and achieved a few milestones:
- We’ve seen big stuff – Thresher Sharks, Whale Sharks, Mola Mola and Manta Rays as well as other shark species, shoals of Bumphead Parrotfish and massive Napoleons.
- We’ve seen small stuff – Rhinopea, Mimic Octopus, at least 4 species of Ghost Pipefish, 4 species of seahorse, many different frogfish species and so many types of nudibranch and shrimp it would take at least 10 blog posts to list them all!!
- we became one of a very small number of dive centers in Amed to operate mostly by boat – and the Arta Sempurna is about to be relaunched after a makeover.
- We’ve introduced more than 100 people to the underwater world through DSD’s and Open Water Courses.
- We became Amed’s first and only PADI 5 star IDC Center and ran the first PADI Instructor Development Course ever held in Amed.
- And we’ve got a fast-growing technical diving center called Two Fish Tech, lead by Southeast Asia’s first and only female TDI Instructor Trainer.
So thanks to all of our amazing team at Two Fish Divers Amed who have worked hard to make this happen and to make sure our guests enjoy themselves every day.
And if you feel like joining the fun remember we are offering a 10% discount off dive and accommodation packages and PADI courses during February and March – come on over and make the start of our second year as successful and fun as our first was!!