This week in Lembongan was windy and wavy and we had only one day when could go to Manta point, and the “aquarium” fishes like these Clownfishes on the North of Nusa Penida became heroes of this week!! We spotted this couple of clownfishes at quite a small anemone coral. It seemed like they had…
If you want to explore the divesites around Nusa Lembongan, Bali then you have come to the right place.
Highlights of Diving Nusa Lembongan
- Nusa Lembongan is an island about 30mins off the south-east of Bali, and so is really easy to get to. It is part of a group of three islands that offer some great diving, the other two islands being Nusa Penida and Nusa Ceningan.
- Manta Rays! With Manta rays inhabiting the waters around the islands of Nusa Penida all year round, divers have a high chance to dive with these large graceful creatures. The two manta dive sites offer diver the chance to witness manta rays feeding or being cleaned by common reef fish.
- Mola-mola! During the season between the months of July to October, Mola Ramsayi (Oceanic Sunfish) are quite a common sight. Typically found between 18 – 30 meters, these strange creatures come up from the deeper waters with the cold currents (18 – 24 degrees) to be cleaned at the dive sites around Nusa Penida and Nusa Lembongan.
- A tropical island dive resort, located only a minutes walk from the beach, where our custom built dive boats are waiting, loaded and ready to bring you the local dive sites which are only 10 – 45 minutes away.
- With a coral coverage of 74% at 10 meters deep, the long stretching fringing reefs that run along the full north coast of Nusa Penida and Nusa Lembongan, provide plenty of colourful hard and soft corals to see for all levels of divers.
- A large majority of the dive sites in the area are drift dives. This means we check to see which way the current is going and we just gently go with the flow.
What can I see?
The gentle sloping reefs of the north coast of Penida provide beautiful coral reefs starting at just 2 meters underwater and cover the slope all the way to the bottom. These mixing hard and soft corals, provide homes to many small critters like; nudibranch, crabs and shrimps while also providing a healthy living environment for many schooling reef fish. Off the reef and cruising in the blue water, it is possible to see the large fish like Giant Trevally, Turtles, Napoleon wrasse and Barracuda.
The large plateaus of the south provide the cleaning and feeding stations for the Manta Rays and this where the two manta dive sites are located. Although not as rich in coral diversity as the north, the plateaus do offer divers interesting rock formations covered in sponge and coral. The high light of the southern dive sites, is having the chance to see the Manta feeding in the shallows or being cleaned by the reef fish.
Latest from our Lembongan Diving Blog:
What is the dive service like?
Our Two Fish dive service includes:
- Small groups of no more than four guests per dive guide
- Dive groups are organised according to air consumption and dive experience
- Expert dive guides who have done thousands of dives, and are PADI Rescue Diver trained
- Oxygen and first aid on every dive boat
- English speaking friendly crew and dive guides
- Long dives – we just ask you to surface after 75mins or on 40bar
- All our dive guides are trained to assist photographers, spotting amazing critters and helping with carrying accessories
- Wash and store service – all dive gear is loaded onto boats in the morning, and removed and washed after your diving, so all you need to do is DIVE
To all our dive friends around the world, some great diving to be found off the Balinese islands of Nusa Lembongan and Nusa Penida. nice drifts, amazing quality corals, superb fish life, great macro plus the odd Manta, Shark and Mola Mola thrown in as well.
We dived with two fish divers and stayed at their dive resort which was first class. lots of good restaurants and bars to enjoy. Probably up there in our top 3!
Just left my second stop with two fish. 6 great days of diving with the Nusa Lembongan staff. Mantas or macro…. Why choose? Have em both! Thanks all!
How do I get there?
Nusa Lembongan is a 25 minute boat ride from Sanur (Bali mainland). There are many speed boat companies that offer transfers to Lembongan and with Rocky Fast Cruise, we are able to help organize your return transfer to Nusa Lembongan. Sanur is just a 35 minute drive from Bali’s international airport and the speed boats run four times a day with the latest one leaving at 5.30pm.
Nusa Lembongan is also accessible from Lombok, north east Bali and the Gili Islands. Again, there are a range of speed boat companies that transfer from these other locations to Nusa Lembongan.
What is the accommodation like?
The Two Fish Divers resort has 10 rooms surrounding the swimming pool. Each spacious room has a hot water shower and your choice of A/C or ceiling fan. All rooms have access to our free WIFI service and fresh drinking water is always available in the room, all balconies have bean bags and a seating area. Twin or double bed options and extra beds are available. All guests are provided breakfast each morning, in our onsite restaurant. We also provide unlimited tea, coffee 24 hours a day. With hammocks and bean bags placed amongst the resort’s garden, there is plenty of space to relax after diving.
A budget alternative is available and is located just a few minutes’ walk from the Two Fish dive centre. These basic but cozy rooms have a full western style bathroom with a cold water shower. Each room is equipped with a wall fan. Tea, coffee, drinking water, WIFI and breakfast our all provided at the dive centre.
Find out more about our dive resort on Nusa Lembongan.
Earn freebies like dives & gifts with our Scuba Tribe Rewards Program
We reward you, our loyal customers, with our Scuba Tribe Rewards system whereby you can collect points by diving with us, doing a course with us and/or staying with us, and you can redeem these points for freebies like dives as well as gifts. Check out our rewards program!
Indonesia Dive Safari
As we have dive resorts in 5 locations around Indonesia, visiting us means that you can book a Dive Safari of more than one dive location with the same operator in one holiday.
You can add a few days to dive Lembeh, another world-class dive-destination that is only 3hours by boat & car from Bunaken
You can start or finish your dive holiday by diving in Bali, its only a 3hour flight from Manado so is easy to add on at the end or beginning of your dive holiday
You can add-on some diving in Lombok, its only a 30-min flight or 3hour ferry ride from Bali.
What else is there to do?
The main area is called Jungut Batu village and this is where you can find most of the hotels, restaurants, convenience stores and this is where Two Fish Divers is located. There is no taxi service on the island but most hotels and the further away restaurants do provide a pickup / drop service. Motorbikes and bicycles are widely available on the island and are a great way to get around. Most of the islands scenic areas can be covered in an afternoons scooter ride. The cliff faces of devil’s tear, the local seaweed farms, the overview of Jungut Batu village from panorama point and the local village on the island of Nusa Ceninagin can all be reached within 20 – 40 minutes of the Two Fish dive centre.
If you wanted to take a day out from diving, then Bali is just a short 25 minute boat ride, making it easy to pop over for a day trip for some ‘real world conveniences’ in the ‘big city’.
Contact us about Diving Nusa Lembongan
Want Affordable Packages?
We offer dive & accommodation packages with two dives per day in accommodation ranging from budget to superior. This is the best value way to book several days of diving, and we take care of the accommodation booking for you too. We can also arrange the airport pick-ups to ensure a hassle free arrival.
Please click here for our dive & stay packages.
How do I book?
Complete the form with your dates and any other requests, and we will reply back within 24 hours with availability and prices.
When you are happy to book, we will ask for a deposit to hold your booking for Lembongan (and any other of our locations).
If you have any other queries you may find the answer on our FAQ page.
If you’re already in Bali and want to dive soon then the quickest way is to call us on +62 (0)813 5675 8371 and we’ll help you arrange your trip.