Things are getting sexy down here at Two Fish South Lombok Resort (AKA the Dive Farm) – and no we’re not just talking about Ipan the dive guide’s dance moves (see picture below!!). This week our guests had the joy of seeing Thor amboinensis (aka the Sexy Shrimp) doing it’s very special tushy wiggle on…
IF YOU WANT TO EXPLORE THE DIVE SITES AROUND BELONGAS BAY, SOUTH LOMBOK THEN YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE.
Highlights of Day Trips for diving Belongas Bay, South Lombok
- Belongas Bay can be reached in 40 minutes car ride from our dive centre in Sekotong, South Lombok
- Some dive sites are located out of the bay where we have often high waves and strong currents. Other dive sites are protected by the bay and has milder conditions.The topography of most of the dive sites are pinnacles and enormous bolders.
- The dive site The Magnet is by now worldwide famous for the hammerhead sharks and its unpredictable currents. The Cathedral is the second dive site situated out of the bay with the same unpredictable conditions. Gili Sarang is the dive site where you can find schooling mobula and eagle rays.
What can I see?
From March till the beginning of June the conditions are fairly mild and the water temperature around 27*C/28*C and the visibility 15m-20m+. In June/July the rougher conditions set in, with mid July till mid September posing the most challenging conditions. During this time of the year the average temperature is around 25*C/26*C, but can also drop down to around 22*C for shorter periods of time, the visibility usually at around 8m-15m+. Starting in the second half of September the conditions normally get less challenging again, but the general conditions such as temperature and visibility remain around the same as during the preceding time.
Most of the dive sites are pinnacles sticking out of the surface of the ocean and covered with bright soft corals. The dive sites harbor not only pelagic such as hammerhead sharks, mobula- eagle- and sting rays, white tip reef sharks, barracudas, batfish and sea snakes but also macro life. Nudi branchs, pigmy seahorse and the orang hutan and porcelain crab are only a few of the many different species.
Latest from our South Lombok Diving Blog:
What is the dive service like?
Our Two Fish dive service includes:
- Small groups of no more than four guests per dive guide
- Dive groups are organised according to air consumption and dive experience
- Expert dive guides who have done thousands of dives, and are PADI Rescue Diver trained
- Oxygen and first aid on every dive boat
- English speaking friendly crew and dive guides
- Long dives – we just ask you to surface after 75mins or on 40bar
- All our dive guides are trained to assist photographers, spotting amazing critters and helping with carrying accessories
- Wash and store service – all dive gear is loaded onto boats in the morning, and removed and washed after your diving, so all you need to do is DIVE
Earn freebies like dives & gifts with our Scuba Tribe Rewards Program
We reward you, our loyal customers, with our Scuba Tribe Rewards system whereby you can collect points by diving with us, doing a course with us and/or staying with us, and you can redeem these points for freebies like dives as well as gifts. Check out our rewards program!
Note: As a partner resort, you will earn 50% points with Kalimaya when you book through us, these points can be used on future visits to Two Fish resorts/centers!
Indonesia Dive Safari
As we have dive resorts in 5 locations around Indonesia, visiting us means that you can book a Dive Safari of more than one dive location with the same operator in one holiday.
You can add a few days to dive Lembeh, another world-class dive-destination that is only 3hours by boat & car from Bunaken
You can start or finish your dive holiday by diving in Bali, its only a 3hour flight from Manado so is easy to add on at the end or beginning of your dive holiday
You can add-on some diving in Lombok, its only a 30-min flight or 3hour ferry ride from Bali.
What else is there to do?
You can take a few days off from diving and explore the local traditional market where you can by tropical fruits and vegetables, fish and meat and house hold articles. From there you drive on and enjoy the stunning white sandy beach at Mekaki Bay. Direction west you can visit the legendary Desert Point at Bangko Bangko which is world wide famous for its excellent surfing.
Contact us about Diving Belongas Bay
How do I book?
Complete the form with your dates and any other requests, and we will reply back within 24 hours with availability and prices.
When you are happy to book, we will ask for a deposit to hold your booking for Belongas Day Trips (and any other of our locations).
If you’re already in the area and want to go diving soon, the give us a call on +62(0)8 19 1730 0295 and we’ll help you arrange your trip!
If you’re already in Senggigi then stop by our dive centre & office – open from 10am – 8pm located in Senggigi Square.
If you have any other queries you may find the answer on our FAQ page.