Things are getting sexy down here at Two Fish South Lombok Resort (AKA the Dive Farm) – and no we’re not just talking about Ipan the dive guide’s dance moves (see picture below!!). This week our guests had the joy of seeing Thor amboinensis (aka the Sexy Shrimp) doing it’s very special tushy wiggle on…
If you want to explore the dive sites around South Gilis then you have come to the right place.
Highlights of Diving South Gilis & Sekotong
- The Sekotong area is a tropical place with many islands that have only a few resorts and not so much topside goings-on apart from snorkeling, swimming, kayaking and of course most of all scuba diving.
- Our center is on the mainland and is only 10 min. away from the closest dive sites.
- We offer accommodation at our dive base on the mainland, and we also offer accommodation on some of the nearby resorts such as Eco Lodge on Gili Asahan.
- The dive sites have a good cross section of what Indonesia has to offer. The topography varies from slope diving, interrupted by short walls, bolders, rocks are plateaus in the shallow parts. Some dive sites have a lot of hang overs, canyons and some are just a sandy bottom. The swarms of thousands of sardines at the jetty are not to be missed.
- We also arrange day-trips to dive in Belongas Bay, about an hour car journey that offers schooling pelagics such as hammerheads sharks.
What can I see?
Most of the dive sites are pristine coral reefs with colorful soft corals and crinoids, vast staghorn coral fields and huge table corals in the shallow parts, giant elephant ears in the deeper parts, giant sponge barrels along the slopes. These reefs harbor bright colorful tropical reef fish such as angel and emperor fish, damsel and butterfly fish and many more. The corals hide a variety of shrimps, crabs and of course nudi branchs. Our guide will help you hunt down also the pigmy seahorse, ghost pipe fish and frogfish. Also the green sea turtle, a variety of moray eels, blue spotted stingray, cuttlefish, squid, octopus, lion and scorpionfish, flathead crocodile fish are part of the scenery. Occasionally you will encounter a white tip shark.
The sea is fairly shallow, visibility never crystal clear but this doesn’t affect the caliber of the dive sites.We offer diving all year around with sea temperatures of 26-30C and visibility 10-20 meters. Only the months January and February might have a low visibility and doesn’t go higher than 10 meter due to the heavy rains.
Latest from our South Lombok Diving Blog:
What is the dive service like?
Our Two Fish dive service includes:
- Small groups of no more than four guests per dive guide
- Dive groups are organised according to air consumption and dive experience
- Expert dive guides who have done thousands of dives, and are PADI Rescue Diver trained
- Oxygen and first aid on every dive boat
- English speaking friendly crew and dive guides
- Long dives – we just ask you to surface after 75mins or on 40bar
- All our dive guides are trained to assist photographers, spotting amazing critters and helping with carrying accessories
- Wash and store service – all dive gear is loaded onto boats in the morning, and removed and washed after your diving, so all you need to do is DIVE
How do I get there?
Lombok is easily accessible from cities such as Jakarta, Jogjakarta, Surabaya and Makassar, and there are frequent daily flights from Bali with a flight time of only around 30 minutes. There are also many international flights, and in June 2019 Lombok was named an international hub for Air Asia and there are now regular direct flights from Australia and other asian countries.
Our dive center is located in the resort Villa Pao Pao based in Sekotong, a small village on the mainland in South Lombok that is about 45mins from Lombok airport, 1.5hours drive from Senggigi and 1hour drive from Kuta Lombok. Its also a short hop of 10-25mins from all the dive sites of the South Gili’s, and a 1hour drive to Belongas allows day-trips to be arranged to suit your dates.
What is the accommodation like?
Our dive centre is located at the Villa Pao Pao – a unique luxurious 3-bedroom villa situated on the idyllic island of Lombok and is set just 40 yards from it’s own beach.
We also work with the lovely tropical island resort Eco Lodge on Gili Asahan. It is a beach side resort where their dream is for “visitors to come and unplug from the chaos of urban life and plug into the tranquility of nature”. With cottages, beach huts and sea-view cottages and a white sandy beach, they offer a fantastic island experience for anyone seeking a tranquil place.
Bola Bola Paradis is another option on the mainland of Sekotong. They offer beach side rooms situated in the tropical garden that are comfortable and clean.
Earn freebies like dives & gifts with our Scuba Tribe Rewards Program
We reward you, our loyal customers, with our Scuba Tribe Rewards system whereby you can collect points by diving with us, doing a course with us and/or staying with us, and you can redeem these points for freebies like dives as well as gifts. Check out our rewards program!
Note: As a partner resort, you will earn 50% points with Kalimaya when you book through us, these points can be used on future visits to Two Fish resorts/centers!
Indonesia Dive Safari
As we have dive resorts in 5 locations around Indonesia, visiting us means that you can book a Dive Safari of more than one dive location with the same operator in one holiday.
You can add a few days to dive Lembeh, another world-class dive-destination that is only 3hours by boat & car from Bunaken
You can start or finish your dive holiday by diving in Bali, its only a 3hour flight from Manado so is easy to add on at the end or beginning of your dive holiday
You can add-on some diving in Lombok, its only a 30-min flight or 3hour ferry ride from Bali.
What else is there to do?
You can take a few days off from diving and explore the local traditional market where you can by tropical fruits and vegetables, fish and meat and house hold articles. From there you drive on and enjoy the stunning white sandy beach at Mekaki Bay. Direction west you can visit the legendary Desert Point at Bangko Bangko which is world wide famous for its excellent surfing.
Contact us about Diving South Gilis
Want Affordable Packages?
We offer dive & accommodation packages with two dives and three dives per day at island-based and mainland-based resorts around South Gili’s, in accommodation ranging from budget to superior. This is the best value way to book several days of diving, and we take care of the accommodation booking for you too. We can also arrange the airport pick-ups to ensure a hassle free arrival.
How do I book?
Complete the form with your dates and any other requests, and we will reply back within 24 hours with availability and prices.
When you are happy to book, we will ask for a deposit to hold your booking for South Gili (and any other of our locations).
If you’re already in the area and want to go diving soon, the give us a call on +62(0)819 1730 0295 and we’ll help you arrange your trip!
If you have any other queries you may find the answer on our FAQ page.