Highlights of Bunaken Island
- We have been on Bunaken Island for more than 15 years, and have shown 1,000’s of people the delights of underwater Bunaken.
- Tropical-island dive resort only 5mins from the main dive sites, with no more than 24 guests
- We have resident instructors and can offer PADI courses for all levels including try-dives, open water, advanced, rescue & divemaster.
- Our full-time dive guides have been diving in the are for many years, and are experts at showing you the walls that Bunaken is famous for. They are also happy to act as snorkel guides for those of you who want to expert eyes.
- With divers & snorkellers reporting seeing up to 6 turtles on every dive, you will definitely get up close to a turtle! You will also meet our white-tip reef sharks, and our guides will help you to hunt for macro life like scorpionfish and nudibranchs.
- In 2004 Bunaken was voted the best wall-diving in Asia, and it has not changed much to this day.
- It offers diving & snorkelling all year-round with sea temperatures of 29/30oC and visibility of 20-30m.
- There are no crowds – at the local airport there are only 25,000 international arrivals per year, this is small compared to the 3million for Bali!
Believe it or not, in a recent survey the dive sites of Bunaken were ranked among the top in the world for marine diversity. The survey also described North Sulawesi as more diverse than Komodo and West Thailand!
What can I see?
Bunaken Island is one of 5 islands that make up the Bunaken Marine Park. The seas around the islands are very deep, in some places more than 600m deep, and the islands are “pinnacles” that reach the surface. Think of them as a submerged mountain range!
This submerged mountain range offers dramatic drop-offs that have a huge variety of soft and hard corals that offer a home to an abundance of reef fish such as fusiliers, butterflyfish, sweetlips, cardinal fish and damsel fish. Turtles, barracudas and reef sharks call the reefs their home as well, and you can also find wall-critters such as scorpion fish, nudibranch, lionfish, and seahorses hidden on the walls.
What is the dive service like?
Our Two Fish dive service includes:
- Small groups of no more than four guests per dive guide
- Dive groups are organised according to air consumption and dive experience
- Expert dive guides who have done thousands of dives in Bunaken
- All guides are PADI Rescue Diver trained, and there is Oxygen and first aid on every dive boat
- English speaking friendly crew and dive guides
- Long dives – we just ask you to surface after 75mins or on 40bar
- All our dive guides are trained to assist photographers, spotting amazing critters and helping with carrying accessories
- Wash and store service – all dive gear is loaded onto boats in the morning, and removed and washed after your diving, so all you need to do is DIVE
Find out more about Diving Bunaken.
Earn freebies like dives & gifts with our Scuba Tribe Rewards Program
We reward you, our loyal customers, with our Scuba Tribe Rewards system whereby you can collect points by diving with us, doing a course with us and/or staying with us, and you can redeem these points for freebies like dives as well as gifts. Check out our rewards program!
What is the accommodation like?
Our own resort on Bunaken Island is a beach-side resort with wooden cottages & rooms that sit in beautiful gardens right next to the beach, and with a 18m swimming pool.
Facilities include 24-hour electricity; AC; Running hot water showers; Freshly cooked food; Relaxing area; cafe with cold drinks; Free Wi-Fi; Book Swap Facility.
The cottages are traditional-style wooden bungalows with balconies and hammocks. Budget rooms are also available at the resort.
All accommodation is full board with meals and unlimited coffee, tea and water.
Find out more about our dive resort on Bunaken Island.
What else is there to do?
explore the local area with land Tours
You can take a few days off from diving and explore the volcanoes and national park around Manado.
Highlights include the Tangkoko national nature reserve; the main village in the highlands called Tomohon; the two active volcanoes surround Tomohon called Mt.Mahawu and Mt.Lokon; and Lake Tondano with its floating restaurants that serve freshwater fish.
Want to take a course?
We are a PADI 5 Star Resort and have full-time european PADI Instructors on site and offer the full range of PADI courses including:
* PADI Open Water Course over 3 or 4 days
* PADI Advanced Course over 2 days
* PADI Rescue Diver Course over 3 or 4 days
Find out more about these PADI dive courses.
For those wanting to become PADI Professionals: we run PADI Divemaster Internships on Bunaken, and as a PADI IDC Center we also PADI Instructor courses.
How do I get there?
Click on the map for more info on all our locations and maps.
Bunaken Island is a 30-45min boat ride away from the main city of Manado where the airport is located, and there are many daily flights from other cities such as Bali and Jakarta (203hours flying time). If you are flying internationally, then the best option is to fly direct Singapore-Manado with Silk Air, a subsidiary of Singapore Airlines.
There are also other options to fly into Bali or Jakarta with carriers such as Emerites and then take a domestic flight onto Manado. Find out more from our Travel Section, and let us help you with our service for booking domestic flights in indonesia
Indonesia Dive Safari
As we have dive resorts in 7 locations around Indonesia, visiting us means that you can book a Dive Safari of more than one dive location with the same operator in one holiday.
You can add a few days to dive Lembeh, another world-class dive-destination that is only 3hours by boat & car from Bunaken
You can start or finish your dive holiday by diving in Bali, its only a 3hour flight from Manado so is easy to add on at the end or beginning of your dive holiday
You can add-on some diving in Lombok, its only a 30-min flight or 3hour ferry ride from Bali.
Leaving from manado today, & already have such a great,day,experience, adventure. Thank for two fish, dion, gwen, k nona, bram and the staff, you all awesome, and really feel the kind and nice of all of you!
Herry Ferdian Silalahi
Loved my time at this resort. Awesome staff, beautiful divesites, lovely place to stay! Thanks everyone for the fun, laughs and especially, a big thank you to our diveguide Opel for pointing out the tiniest critters underwater!
What’s going in now in Bunaken?
Contact us about Diving Bunaken
Want Affordable Packages?
We offer dive & accommodation packages for two, three and four dives per day, in accommodation ranging from budget cottages to superior cottages. This is the best value way to book several days of diving, and we take care of the accommodation booking for you too. We can also arrange the airport pick-ups to ensure a hassle free arrival.
As our accommodation is full board with meals and unlimited coffee, tea and water, you only have to pay for the cold beers in the evenings! Please click here for our dive & stay packages.
How do I book?
Complete the form with your dates and any other requests, and we will reply back within 24 hours with availability and prices.
When you are happy to book, we will ask for a deposit to hold your booking for Bunaken Island (and any other of our locations).
If you have any other queries you may find the answer on our FAQ page.