WE ARE A PADI 5 STAR RESORT OFFERING diving & snorkelling services, UNDERWATER PHOTOGRAPHY SERVICE, PADI COURSES AND AFFORDABLE BEACH-FRONT ACCOMMODATION.
Highlights of Lembeh Straits
- We have been in Lembeh for more than 10 years, and have shown 1,000’s of people the delights of diving Lembeh.
- We offer affordable beach-front accomm in Lembeh with 5 star diving service with no more than 24guests, with dive sites only 5mins away!
- We have resident instructors and can offer PADI courses for all levels including try-dives, open water, advanced, rescue & divemaster.
- We have an Underwater Photography Service including rinse tanks, guides experienced with photography guests, charging stations, etc (see below for more details)
- We can offer accomm/dive packages with 2-, 3- and 4-dives per day.
- We also have a dive resort in nearby Bunaken that is only 3hours away, and can offer a combo-package at both locations.
- Our full-time dive guides have been diving in the are for many years, and are experts at finding the critters that Lembeh is famous for.
- Lembeh offers diving all year-round with sea temperatures of 26oC and visibility of 10-15m.
- There are no crowds – at the local airport there are only 25,000 international arrivals per year, this is small compared to the 3million for Bali!
What can I see?
Lembeh Straits is known as the muck diving capital of the world, and is one of the few places in the world where you will see the elusive hairy frog fish, pygmy sea horses, larger sea horses like the thorny seahorse, mimic octopus, wunderpus and flamboyant cuttlefish to name a few.
Muck dives consist of sandy black slopes with good visibility, approximately 10-15m. It is a macro-photographers dream, as the slopes are teaming of all sorts of fascinating critters and the black sand reduces back-glare. Muck dives are the main reason many divers return to us, in Lembeh, time and time again.
Lembeh also has some fascinating ship wrecks. They are covered in both corals and creatures making them fantastic to explore.
Last but not least, Lembeh is also surrounded by sites with small walls and slopes full of soft corals. Lembeh diving truly does have something for everyone.
What is the dive service like?
Our Two Fish dive service includes:
- Small groups of no more than four guests per dive guide
- Dive groups are organised according to air consumption and dive experience
- Expert dive guides who have done thousands of dives in Lembeh
- All guides are PADI Rescue Diver trained, and there is Oxygen and first aid on every dive boat
- English speaking friendly crew and dive guides
- Long dives – we just ask you to surface after 75mins or on 40bar
- All our dive guides are trained to assist photographers, spotting amazing critters and helping with carrying accessories
- Photographers – please enquire for a private guide for spotting and carrying your accessories
- Wash and store service – all dive gear is loaded onto boats in the morning, and removed and washed after your diving, so all you need to do is DIVE
Find out more about Diving Lembeh.
Earn freebies like dives & gifts with our Scuba Tribe Rewards Program
We reward you, our loyal customers, with our Scuba Tribe Rewards system whereby you can collect points by diving with us, doing a course with us and/or staying with us, and you can redeem these points for freebies like dives as well as gifts. Check out our rewards program!
What is the accommodation like?
Our own resort on Lembeh Island is situated on a private beach with its own bay, great sea views and cottages by the ocean.
Facilities include 24-hour electricity; AC; Running hot water showers; Freshly cooked food; Relaxing area; cafe with cold drinks; Free Wi-Fi; Book Swap Facility.
The cottages are traditional-style wooden bungalows with balconies and hammocks. Budget rooms are also available at the resort.
All accommodation is full board with meals and unlimited coffee, tea and water.
Find out more about our dive resort in Lembeh Straits.
What else is there to do?
explore the local area with land Tours
You can take a few days off from diving and explore the volcanoes and national park around Manado.
Highlights include the Tangkoko national nature reserve; the main village in the highlands called Tomohon; the two active volcanoes surround Tomohon called Mt.Mahawu and Mt.Lokon; and Lake Tondano with its floating restaurants that serve freshwater fish.
Want to take a course?
We are a PADI 5 Star Resort and have full-time european PADI Instructors on site and offer the full range of PADI courses including:
* PADI Open Water Course over 3 or 4 days
* PADI Advanced Course over 2 days
* PADI Rescue Diver Course over 3 or 4 days
Find out more about these PADI dive courses.
For those wanting to become PADI Professionals: we run PADI Divemaster Internships on Lembeh, and our PADI IDC Center on nearby Bunaken runs PADI Instructor courses.
How do I get there?
Click on the map for more info on all our locations and maps.
Lembeh Straits is right next to the city of Bitung, about 1-2hours car-ride from the main city of Manado where the airport is located, and there are many daily flights from other cities such as Bali and Jakarta (203hours flying time). If you are flying internationally, then the best option is to fly direct Singapore-Manado with Silk Air, a subsidiary of Singapore Airlines.
There are also other options to fly into Bali or Jakarta with carriers such as Emerites and then take a domestic flight onto Manado. Find out more from our Travel Section, and let us help you with our service for booking domestic flights in indonesia
Indonesia Dive Safari
As we have dive resorts in 7 locations around Indonesia, visiting us means that you can book a Dive Safari of more than one dive location with the same operator in one holiday.
You can add a few days to dive Bunaken, another world-class dive-destination that is only 3hours by boat & car from Lembeh
You can start or finish your dive holiday by diving in Bali, its only a 3hour flight from Manado so is easy to add on at the end or beginning of your dive holiday
You can add-on some diving in Lombok, its only a 30-min flight or 3hour ferry ride from Bali.
This is our 8th trip to Lembeh. Absolutely love it. Staff are wonderful and guides amazing. Relaxed atmosphere and we just love everything about it. Thank you to all the lovely efficient staff. If you want fantastic diving then this is the place.
Really enjoyed our stay. De staff is very gently, the cook made delicious food, the cottage was oke and the diving was super. This was our first time in Asia and our first time muck diving and we loved it. We made two dives a day in the morning and in the afternoon, after lunch we were relaxing in the garden with Seaview. If you would like to see lots of strange underwater creatures I advice you to do a night dive over there. Thank you guy’s for the wonderful time we had.
What’s going in now in Lembeh?
Contact us about Diving Lembeh Straits
Want Affordable Packages?
We offer dive & accommodation packages for two, three and four dives per day, in accommodation ranging from budget cottages to superior cottages. This is the best value way to book several days of diving, and we take care of the accommodation booking for you too. We can also arrange the airport pick-ups to ensure a hassle free arrival.
As our accommodation is full board with meals and unlimited coffee, tea and water, you only have to pay for the cold beers in the evenings! Please click here for our dive & stay packages.
How do I book?
Complete the form with your dates and any other requests, and we will reply back within 24 hours with availability and prices.
When you are happy to book, we will ask for a deposit to hold your booking for Lembeh (and any other of our locations).
If you have any other queries you may find the answer on our FAQ page.