PADI IDC in Indonesia
Are you looking for a PADI IDC in Indonesia in a beautiful tropical environment with fantastic diving? We have 5 PADI 5 Star IDC centres in Lembongan (Bali), Sanur (Bali), Amed (Bali), Bunaken (Manado) and Gili Air (Lombok) – all equally beautiful to prepare you for real life teaching environments in tropical environments!!
All our locations are also run professionally with european managers/instructors in place, and with comfortable boats, serviced equipment, training pools, classrooms and reference library’s.
PADI IDC in Indonesia with an Experienced Team
Meet our Course Director Restuning
Two Fish Divers have been running IDCs for more than 12 years. Our Course Director is Restuning, the first & only female Indonesian Course Director, who has been teaching on IDCs for more than 9years, the last 3years with us (we don’t use freelance Course Directors).
Diving has always been her passion, and her bubbly personality and professionalism have helped make her become one of the most popular and respectable dive professionals in the area, and we are very proud to call her our Course Director and part of the Two Fish Divers team.
Other experienced Teaching Staff
On the IDC you will also be taught by some of our experienced Two Fish leaders:
- Nigel: one of the co-founders of Two Fish Divers, he has been hiring & developing instructors for almost 20 years and he teaches the sections about career planning, cv prep, and finding a job.
- Regional Managers: our RMs are Tina (Manado Region & co-founder of Two Fish Divers), Steve (Bali Region) and George (Lombok Region) and they have all been in the business of diving for many years, running dive centers and managing instructors & dive staff. They all still love to teach as well, and one of them will teach the Business of Diving section on every IDC.
This team gives you more than 75years of dive experience, what better way to start you on the road as a PADI Instructor??
No other PADI IDC in Indonesia can offer you access to this much wealth of experience!
PADI IDC Indonesia OVERVIEW
The PADI IDC will develop your abilities to prepare academic presentations, as well as confined & open water teaching. You’ll also learn about business and marketing principles, teaching children, risk management, and other important topics relevant for the well equipped dive professional.
The course contains the following:
- Classroom time for presentations about how to teach the PADI courses, and other important aspects of being a diving professional such as marketing and risk management.
- Classroom time to cover the General Standards exam
- Practice exams on all PADI courses and General Standards
- Confined water sessions and open water sessions – in-water teaching sessions that are all about handling students whilst teaching the PADI courses
A typical day of the IDC looks like:
- Optional 8am Yoga session run by Course Director/Yoga Instructor superstar!!
- Get yourself a cup of coffee, tea or water and bring it to the classroom.
- Classroom time for some presentations from the Course Director.
- Classroom time for you to present some presentations to the class – scary at first!!
- Wet time – every day you will go in the water for either a confined water or open water
teaching session. You get to role play with the rest of the candidates and rotate
around being Instructor, Divemaster or student.
- Dive time – if there is time, you can finish open water sessions with a quick dive!!
SOME COMMON QUESTIONS
Click to Open/ Close on the questions below.
Make sure you are ready! We find that frequently IDC candidates have not had much experience with helping on courses as a Divemaster.
If you are a PADI Divemaster with little to no experience as a Divemaster and you want to become a PADI Instructor then you have 2 options with us – the Extended Prep for 1-2 weeks and the DM-to-Hero Internship for up to 4weeks.
The DM-to-Hero Internship
Email for prices
We can organise up to 4weeks with us prior to the IDC to gain experience as a Divemaster working at one of our dive centers, under supervision and professional guidance of one of our experienced instructors.
During the DM Internship you will get all your diving for free, but the priority will be helping your instructor teach courses, re-doing your theory if necessary, and getting the experience you need to pass your IDC with flying colours. You will also need your own set of diving equipment and your DM Manual & Materials.
IDR1,600,000 per week
For a few of our IDCs we can add 7-14 days of Prep.
It is run by our Course Director Restuning, and she will also help with anything else that is needed to get you ready (need any skills brushing up?).
WHAT IS THE MSD TRAINER?
IDR1,650,000 per Specialty
5 Spec Pack – IDR1,400,000 per Specialty
The Master Scuba Diver Trainer allows you to train PADI Speciality courses. We highly recommend it for two very good reasons:
- It will take your career, knowledge and skills to the next level and make yourself an even bigger asset to your new dive centre by giving you the option to teach more courses.
- It will help you to find a job as it will set you apart from other dive instructors by showing your commitment to continuing your dive training and being prepared to help others continue their training as well.
We run our MSDT Prep after every IDC over 3 days, and you can choose to train up to 5 instructor specialty courses. For each speciality, you will watch the professional DVD, this gives you the objective of the course and tips on how to teach it. There are some knowledge reviews to be done, and the Course Director will take you through some training exercises on land, before practicing on 1 or 2 dives.
How to Choose your Specialities
You can select 5 specialities from the list below. In choosing you need to decide what options and specialties work best for you. What interests you? What will be the most successful in the area you will be teaching? Our Course Director will be happy to advise you.
- Deep Diver Specialty Instructor
- Wreck Diver Specialty Instructor
- Enriched Air/Nitrox Specialty Instructor (**)
- Digital Under Water Photography Specialty Instructor
- Drift Diver Specialty Instructor
- Underwater Naturalist Specialty Instructor
- Fish ID Specialty instructor
- Navigation Specialty Instructor
- Search & Recovery Specialty Instructor
- Multi-Level Specialty Instructor
- Sidemount Diver Specialty Instructor (***)
- Night Diver Specialty Instructor
- Boat Specialty Instructor
** You must hold user level certification before training for teaching these specialties
*** Please contact us for more information about becoming a Sidemount instructor
More specialty ratings available, please contact us for more information.
IDC Staff Instructor course
The IDC Staff Instructor course is run over 12 days, and is conducted in conjunction with every IDC program.
In addition to all the courses you can teach as a PADI Instructor, as a PADI IDC Staff Instructor you will also be able to independently teach PADI Assistant Instructor courses, and assist PADI Course Directors in conducting IDCs and other instructor-level continuing education programmes.
You need to be a PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer and Emergency First Response Instructor before you can begin the IDC Staff Instructor Course.
Staffing an IDC
If you are already a PADI IDC Staff Instructor and you need more staffing credits then we make a charge for Staffing one of our IDCs.
FREE However we will not charge this fee if you bring a candidate to an IDC which you staff!
LOCATION. LOCATION. LOCATION
All of our locations are based on tropical-island dive resorts in Indonesia with world-class diving right on your doorstep – the world-famous reefs of Bunaken, the muck diving magic of Lembeh Straits, the mantas and mola molas of Nusa Lembongan, the world-famous sites near Amed such as Tulamben & the Liberty shipwreck, the schooling hammerheads of South Lombok, and the sites of Gili Air that are famous for their turtle mania. No other IDC can offer you all of these fantastic locations!
YOGA AND FREEDIVING
Our Course Director is also a Yoga Teacher & Instructor and she offers FREE yoga sessions (optional) for you to join every day of your IDC. Not only that, our CD is also a Freediving Instructor and you will get a FREE Intro to Freediving session during your IDC so you can find out what all the fuss is about Freediving. No other IDC can offer you these extra’s!
SMALL NUMBERS OF CANDIDATES
We don’t like crowds, so we aim to have small class sizes on each IDC, giving you more attention from your course director and more chances to help in the dive center and get real-life experience.
We have 7 busy dive centers and we regularly hire PADI Instructors at all of them, and our IDC candidates and Instructor Interns get preference.
Scroll left & right in the table below to see the full schedule.
PADI IDC Dates 2020
|MONTH||LOCATION||PREPARATION||IDC + EFRI COURSES||PADI INSTRUCTOR EXAM (IE)||MSDT COURSE|
|Jan||Sanur||9-10 March||11-24 Jan||25-26 Jan||28-29 Jan|
|March||Bunaken||1-2 March||2-16 March||18-19 March||21-22 March|
|April||Nusa Lembongan||22-23 March||24 March - 6 April||7-8 April||10-11 April|
|May||Nusa Lembongan||29-30 April||1-14 May||15-16 May||18-19 May|
|June||Gili Air||24-25 May||26 May - 8 June||9-10 June||12-13 June|
|July||Amed||21-22 June||23 June - 6 July||7-8 July||10-11 July|
|August||Sanur||6-7 Aug||8-21 Aug||22-23 Aug||25-26 Aug|
|September||Amed||8-9 Sept||10-23 Sept||24-25 Sept||27-28 Sept|
|October||Nusa Lembongan||27-28 Sept||29 Sept - 12 Oct||13-14 Oct||16-17 Oct|
|November||Amed||21-22 Oct||23 Oct - 5 Nov||6-7 Nov||9-10 Nov|
|December||Nusa Lembongan||19-20 Nov||21 Nov - 4 Dec||5-6 Dec||8-9 Dec|