Our INSTRUCTOR INTERNSHIPs IN INDONESIA
GAIN YOUR FIRST TEACHING EXPERIENCE
If you have passed your IDC within the last month and want to work as an Instructor then our Instructor Internships in Indonesia are for you!! We can help you take your first teaching steps under the guidance of senior experienced instructors, learning how to structure your daily courses and accommodate various schedules using real students and real situations.
UP TO 2 MONTHS OF PRICELESS GUIDED EXPERIENCE
COMPLETELY FREE JUST PAY YOUR ROOM & BOARD
Note: we run 8-10 IDCs per year and preference is given to those IDC candidates, as spaces are limited you can increase the chances of doing an internship with us if you join our IDC!!
INSTRUCTOR INTERNSHIPS IN INDONESIA OVER FIVE LOCATIONS – BUNAKEN, AMED, SOUTH LOMBOK, GILI ISLANDS OR NUSA LEMBONGAN
The location of your internship will based on student/course numbers and bookings
INSTRUCTOR INTERNSHIP IN AMED, BALI
Spend your instructor internship diving Bali sites like Tulamben’s USAT Liberty wreck
INSTRUCTOR INTERNSHIP IN SOUTH LOMBOK
Spend your instructor internship in an away-from-the-crowds atmosphere, diving with reefs and critters, and maybe even hammerheads
INSTRUCTOR INTERNSHIP IN GILI ISLANDS
Spend your instructor internship diving with turtles in diverse & clear waters teaming with life around Gili Air, Gili Meno and Gili Trewangan
WE REALLY ARE NOT KIDDING, THIS IS AN OPPORTUNITY TO GAIN THE CONFIDENCE YOU NEED TO WORK ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD!
OUR INSTRUCTOR INTERNSHIP IN INDONESIA WILL KICK START YOUR CAREER!
ABOUT INSTRUCTOR INTERNSHIPS in Indonesia
When teaching under the guidance of senior instructor you will:
- Learn how to structure your daily courses and accommodate various schedules
- Earn certifications and work towards achieving your MSDT rating – these are earned…not guaranteed
- Have real-life experience – this is no longer your IDC – this is the application of what you’ve learned for safety & standards, people, sales, group management, etc.
However, it is not just about teaching under the guidance of a senior instructor. Our free internship is an immersive intro to working as an instructor. This means that you will be teaching under supervision but also performing all duties expected of our instructors in all aspects of the dive center such as course admin, sales, social media, talking to guests, anything else that comes up. We are also happy to extend the internship but only if circumstances allow.
During the internship we expect you to act as a professional at all times, this includes adhering to our work-hours, wearing Two Fish Divers t-shirt when at the resort at all times, and being part of the team reporting the Dive Manager.
You will be interacting with our guests and staff, and we reserve the right to cancel the internship at any time due to the candidate being unprofessional or not fulfilling his/her obligations.
You will also be part of the dive team, and as team work in the dive centre is the most important thing we reserve the right to cancel the internship at any time due if the candidates does not gel as part of the team.
On the flip side, we often hire full-time instructors and dive manager trainees from our internship as the time with us gives us a chance to know you – and you us!
What is expected of me?
- Understand our shop procedures including customer registration, log books, front office, equipment rooms & rental check outs, computers / compasses, dive planning, classroom, boat procedures, range and price of courses offered, etc.
- Show up prepared – study and bring your slates, know your standards – paperwork and practical, and dive requirements – you will not just be assisting, you will be teaching entire courses!
Please note: you need to have done your IDC & MSDT within the last month, and the location of your internship will based on student/course numbers and bookings
WHAT CAN I EXPECT?
Our coaching and mentorship will help you gain valuable experience and skills:
- Learn how to structure, organise, plan, execute, market, and follow PADI standards in various environments
- Receive practical feedback and advice on teaching techniques and timings
- PADI website procedures for online PIC processing
- Paperwork consistency training
- Shop procedures overview and training
- Dive overviews – safety, dive site review and how to teach within, practical assessments (did you earn the certification?), tide charts & swell, general considerations, insurance, etc.