ABOUT TWO FISH TECH
Two Fish Tech is Two Fish Divers’ technical diving arm and has been at the forefront of technical diving development in Indonesia since 2010. Operating from one of Indonesia’s prime diving locations – Amed in North-East Bali – we are also exploring the technical diving potential of South Lombok‘s unspoilt reefs and offer regular tech diving trips there.
We are dedicated to providing high quality PADI and TDI technical diver training courses, guided technical dives and technical expeditions.
TWO FISH TECH PHILOSOPHY
Technical diving has had a reputation of being a niche for ‘big, bald guys’ who completed military-style training. That’s a thing of the past. We strongly believe that becoming a skilled technical diver has nothing to do with physical size or strength but instead with solid training and an emphasis on safety and professionalism followed by regular practice.
This is what makes a good tech diver.
We want our customers to enjoy the challenges of their training and become a better and safer diver overall, whether they are diving to 20 or 60 meters.
Depth and decompression are not everything – it’s about skills and knowledge and many divers start their journey as advanced open water divers with a recreational Sidemount course or enjoy shallow dives on their rebreather. For some, that leads to deeper, more challenging dives and maybe even into overhead environments such as wrecks and caves. Our aim is to support technical divers on that journey.
Our tech diving team is headed up by TDI Instructor Trainer Yvonne Press (left) who teaches TDI and PADI courses mostly from our main tech base in Amed, Bali. Her TDI instructor colleague Jake Langford (right) is based in South Lombok, and tech guide and Amed centre manager Markus Reinhardt completes the team. Click here for more information on all three.
Whilst these are the faces of our tech diving operation, there is plenty more behind the scenes help from gas blenders, boat captains, crew and all of the Two Fish team.
WHATS GOING ON?
Latest from our Tech Diving Blog
TECH DIVING LOCATIONS IN INDONESIA
Our locations in Amed, Bali and South Lombok offer great tech diving opportunities
TECH DIVING IN BALI
North east Bali and the Amed / Tulamben area are becoming a bit of a hub for technical diving and we are exploring other locations as well:
- Great selection of training dive sites, including the USAT Liberty wreck at Tulamben
- The dive sites are only 5 – 25 minutes away
- Easy access to sloping walls and reefs that stretch well beyond recreational diving limits
- Few divers explore below 30 meters here, giving you a good chance to have the dive site to yourself
- Good opportunities to spot pelagic species including the elusive thresher shark
- Warm water year-round with average temperatures around 28/29 degrees
- Visibility tends to be around 15 meters + and even at depths beyond 40 meters, it is easy to keep team contact even without a torch
TECH DIVING IN SOUTH LOMBOK
Tech diving in South Lombok is a bit like pioneering:
- You will be among the first (tech) divers to discover these sights
- No crowds, pristine waters, stunning soft coral
- Stunning pinnacles, overhangs, sloping reefs and lava channels create an awe-inspiiring backdrop for pelagic life encounters
- Mola-Mola and hammerheads enjoy the cooler waters around some of those reefs
- Tech diving here is restricted to the shoulder season due to water conditions, meaning those sights will remain pristine for a long time to come
- We believe that there are more undiscovered dive sites in this area which may offer some fantastic diving, and you may be able to join us on some virgin dive site exploration here.
INTRO TO TECH DIVING
FREE TECH TASTERS IN AMED
We run free technical diving tasters at our dive center in Amed where guests can try sidemount and twin sets.
Great fun… but also very tempting. So be warned – once you tried, you may need to extend your holiday with us!